What is 1C?
1C is a universal cloud and on-premise system of programs for automating a company’s financial and wider operational activities. 1C has the breadth of capability to address the diverse needs of today’s business. This is achieved through "configurability" – the ability to customize the system based on the specific needs of companies and their business processes.
1C is more than just a solution automating fixed business rules. Rather it is a suite of software tools employed by developers and users. The system can be logically divided into two major components that are closely interrelated: an application and the platform on which the application runs.
1C Platform offers the following advantages:
- Drastically reduces technological complexity, ergonomics, and performance issues of enterprise software systems.
- Allows power users to implement specific business processes.
- Speeds up and standardizes business application development, customization, and support.
- Provides complete openness of UI and solution code, which allows better understanding and modification of business processes.
- Is ready for integration with existing 1C applications and third-party systems.
- Supports web-services, ODBC, COM, and so on.
- Supports your preferred architecture: Windows/Linux, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, and Oracle DB.
- Includes on-premise or managed hosting web-based delivery, as well as Web, tablet, or Windows client.